Sunday, March 25, 2012

(Ch. 18) Sales Promotion and Personal Selling

Unlike other footwear brands, TOMS consumers do not depend upon sales. With all the great benefits the brand offers with every purchase; stylish, affordable, and practical product that donates to a child in need when they purchase a pair is a great sale, this is what most TOMS buyers acknowledge including myself. I have been purchasing TOMS for the past two years for me, friends and family and I have never bothered to see if they were on sale because they never are. Retail shops that carries TOMS products, it is upon them to have store sales on TOMS products but usually that never occurs. But when purchasing from online, coupons like the ones in the bottom are found at times on coupon websites like ShopaHolickMommy, Dealigg, Savings and many other cupon websites. 
                                   
As I have mentioned before on Ch. 15, since TOMS do not operate their very own retail store, I've experienced personal selling of some TOMS products at Nordstrom in New Jersey and Journey's in Manhattan. Although these shops do not carry most of TOMS products, the sales associates were however well trained by the management team to sell the products. But the shopping experience were quite different from each other. At Journey's many of the sales associates approached to me and other guests asking "what size do you need?" or "do you need a size?", as I picked up a display pair of TOMS I asked the sales associate "what are these things?", "what is the one for one?"; the sales associate gave me somewhat a ok explanation of what does the One for One stand for. As I entered the men's shoe department at Nordstrom and went to the TOMS area, a associate approached to me and asked "would you like to be part of a cause, and help a child with a free pair of shoe along with your purchase?", I continued "please tell me more". 


Advertisement like these are found at times through out web surfing on different sites.


No comments:

Post a Comment